Moreover, manufacturers may also get chitin from shells of insects and cell walls of fungi for preparing dry or liquid Chitosan synthetically. Chitosan is nothing but just the most refined form of natural chitin, which is obtained from shells of crustaceans and shellfish. There are numerous biomedical applications associated with Chitosan. Now-a-days, liquid Chitosan is frequently used by people of different ages in order to lose their excess weight. Chitosan is now available as a supplement.
It is also utilized in makeup, for thickening foods and in production of paints. The liquid form of Chitosan is rapidly gaining more recognition and popularity among people in contrast to the dry form of Chitosan. However, Chitosan in both dry and liquid forms are now promoted as dietary aids by their manufacturers.
Reason behind the ever increasing popularity of liquid Chitosan is that it is more capable of eliminating stomach pains. Also, people can easily get rid of many other clumping problems by making use of liquid Chitosan in their daily dietary plan. This is because it provides basis to the body fat in order to convert into thousands of minute calorie-free beads. Now these tiny beads with no calorie in them are much gentler on one's digestive tract. The most common identification features of liquid Chitosan are:
• Color and odor
• Protein content
• Degree of deacetylation
• Viscosity etc
Below is the summary of identification factors of liquid Chitosan.
• As name implies, this type of Chitosan has liquid appearance
• Liquid Chitosan is mostly available in yellow color plus no smell and taste
• This Chitosan variety contains about 0.5 percent of protein content
• Deacetylation degree appears to be more than 90%, which may exceed to 95% percent if colloidal method is used for measurement
• Viscosity of liquid Chitosan comes out to be 50cps if Brookfield viscometer is used as measuring equipment
• pH level of liquid Chitosan is less than 5.5
• Liquid Chitosan shows 0.5% of insolubility if 20 grams of this substance is dissolved in distilled water of 100ml.
Majority of people has stopped using the flakey Chitosan and are now turning towards the consumption of Liquid Chitosan in their daily diet. This is because it offers better results in controlling extra weight and cholesterol gain. Dry form of Chitosan may cause stomach pains and gas while liquid Chitosan do not cause such problem. Therefore, use of liquid Chitosan is safer than its counterpart-dry Chitosan and hence recommended by experts.
Samantha Wells http://useful-tips.com Chitosan